Friday 24 February 2012

Avon Simply Pretty Blendable Eyeshadow Duo Starlight Aqua/Silver

Hello Friends!
Today I am going to review Avon Simply pretty Blendable Eyeshadow Duo Starlight.I had purchased it couple of months back on offer.So check my review and swatches and decide if this is a must have or a totally chuck it out stuff!

 I received it in very bad condition! :( You can check the Aqua shadow was damaged.

What The Company Says?


Price- Rs 189 for 1.7 grams, I got this for Rs 149 on offer.


My Take On This Product:
There are some three duos in this range out of which i really liked the Starlight one a lot.I have craze for Teal color eye shadows and eyeliners a lot.So when i found this duo on offer I had to get it under all circumstances.This duo comes in a see-through not so sturdy plastic packaging with sponge tip eye shadow applicator which is really helpful.Both shades Aqua and Silver are nicely pigmented, especially the silver one.You need just one swipe of silver one for your eyes.The Aqua shades is a very unique shade as it has golden micro shimmers which imparts a golden sheen to it, it shows duo-chrome effect too.In different lighting the Aqua shade looks different, sometimes more towards teal side and sometimes more towards golden side.Its an awesome shade which will be flattering for Indian skin tone specially.I totally recommend this shade for both wedding parties and evening wear.I have also worn it during daytime.Its a wearable blue shade which will suit Indian skin tone a lot.



Seriously guys check this out a lot.Its damn reasonable and pigmented.The texture of shadow is very soft and you need one swipe with the applicator for applying to the whole lid.These shadows stay on my eyes without a primer for maximum of 3 hours and with a primer for 4 hours +.Its staying power is pretty disappointing, yet for this much price what can you expect.You must have heard na 'Itne paise me itnaich milega' :p




Pros Of The Product:
-Very pretty shades are there.
-Both the shades are one swipe shades, I mean very pigmented.
-These shadows blend like dream guys, so effortlessly.
-The sponge applicator is very useful I use it for applying the Aqua shade over whole lid and sometimes to use silver one at the inner corners.
-Aqua shade has golden micro shimmers which imparts a golden sheen.
-Aqua shade shows duo chrome effect.
-Aqua shade will be very flattering for Indian skin tones.
-Both shades can be paired up to create a party look in an instant.
-Very wearable shades.
-These are so pigmented that you wont need a primer to show their intensity.
-Available at very reasonable shade.
-You need really little bit so quantity is good too.
-You can use both shades with several other shades to create many unique eye makeup.
-Texture is quite soft and blending is awesome.
-Its hypoallergenic and dermatologist tested.

Cons Of The Product:
-Very brittle packaging.
-Only available through Avon Representatives.
-Without a primer staying power is 3 hours maximum and with a primer its 4 hours or so.
-Recently I am getting some chemical kind smell from it. :(

Rating: 4 out of 5

Will I Repurchase it? I have already bought another one for backup :p

My Overall Recommendation: It has a very wearable blue shade which will look flattering on Indian skin tones.Both aqua and silver are highly pigmented.I recommend this duo to all of you as it wont burn holes in  your pocket, very pocket friendly and pretty good for the price.