Wednesday 22 February 2012

Maybelline Colorsensational Lipgloss 'Hooked On Pink'

Hello Friends!
Today I am going to review one of the most well known and best selling shade from Maybelline Color sensational range of gloss.So check it out!
 
What The Company Says?

Fall in love with color, all over again:
-Sophisticated color and shine from pure pigments
-Luxurious feel from nourishing honey nectar

-12 captivating shades


Shades available :

  • Pink Perfection
  • Raspberry Sorbet
  • Sugared Honey
  • Mocha Glaze
  • Hooked on Pink
  • Touch of Toffee
  • Born With it
  • Plum Tastic
  • Sandstone Shimmer
  • Broadway Bronze
  • Cranberry Cocktail
  • Wine all Mine
I have a gorgeous Berry Shade called Hooked on Pink

Price: Rs 250 for 6.8 ml.



My Take On This Product:
I bought this particular shade when I was staying at Kolkata from one of my most visited cosmetic store Modern Museum.This gloss was then recently launched by Maybelline and hence I didn't know anything about it before visiting the store.The SA was quite friendly with me and thus suggested me this range.When I swatched these glosses my god I was kind of surprised with the pigmentation.It was almost like a lip color that gives opaque coverage with one swipe.I really loved this range mainly because of its price.You get lots of quantity at such reasonable price.I swatched many shades and  then found shade' Hooked on Pink' a wearable shade rather a shade which really looked good on me.I can wear it lightly as a tint and even as a pigmented opaque lip color which covers up my pigmented lips.


This gloss comes in a transparent tube with a doe foot applicator which picks up right quantity of product you need each time.It contains very subtle golden sparkles which do not show up on lips after application.The lipgloss feels sticky for two minutes after application leaving beautiful soft pink lips.I don't feel any stickiness after 2 minutes and it feels lightweight too.The staying power is 2-3 hours without a meal.This gloss however leaves a pink tint behind.Considering the price and quantity I highly recommend this range and this shade too.This is an amazing Berry kind shade which will suit everyone from Dark, medium to light complexion.



Pros Of The Product:
-Very pretty pinky, berry kind shade.
-Very pigmented lipgloss, imparts opaque coverage to my pigmented lips.
-It has doe foot applicator that helps in even application of lipgloss.
-The applicator picks up right quantity of product require for each application thus avoiding loss of product.
-The quantity is huge for the price.
-Available at reasonable price.
-Available at almost all cosmetic shops these days.
-It feels lightweight and non sticky.
-Keeps my lips soft.
-Fades evenly leaving a soft pink tint behind.
-Staying power is 2-3 hours which is pretty good for a gloss. 
-Very pretty red and plum shades are available in this range.
-It will suit almost all skin tones.
-Its a good shade for parties.

Cons Of the Product:
-After application the gloss feels sticky for sometime.
-I wish there were some coral and peachy shades available in this range too.
-Too bright and gorgeous shades so may not everyone's cup pf tea.

Rating: 4.25 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? Yes definitely but some other shade.
Overall Recommendation: 'Hooked On Pink' is a pretty gorgeous pinkish berry kind shade which gives opaque coverage to lips with almost single swipe.I would highly recommend this range and shade.For The price and quantity it is available, I will say its a steal.Do go for this one for sure!