Friday 23 March 2012

Chambor Single Blush Star Candy 57

Hello Friends!
Today I am going to review my first Chambor blush in the shade ‘Star Candy’ which I got from Stylercraze.com recently. I came across with this shade after going through Prachi’s blog post HERE

Quantity- 6 Grams

Price: Rs 495, you can get this at good discount from Medplusbeauty at Rs 420.







Shades Available:
57 Star Candy
59 Star Delight
65 Soft Rose
66 Ambering Rose
61 Soft Strawberry
71 Rose Fonce


My Take on This Product:
Since the day I saw swatches of this blush at Prachi’s blog, I have wanted to grab this for me at the earliest. Chambor blushes come in very sophisticated navy blue box with a mirror and a blusher brush provided inside of it. The patented signature of Chambor is embossed on the top of the box. A plastic sheath is provided to protect the blusher. The brush provided with it is not scratchy but very small for blusher application, I would rather use that for applying eye shadows on my eye lid.

ARTIFICIAL LIGHT:


The particular shade ‘Star Candy’ is one of the most unique shades I have ever seen from any brand. Its an earthy pink shade with golden highlighter distributed all over it in patches. I was amazed to see this beauty. Its texture indeed is very soft and smooth. You can say its little of both powder and cream blush. Though its soft, whenever I swipe my brush across it, there is simply no wastage of product. One swipe of the blusher brush picks enough product for my cheek imparting a healthy luminous glow. 

NATURAL LIGHT:


This blush won’t show up on very wheatish to dark skin tones. As a blusher it will show up on fair skin tones nicely, on my wheatish skin it shows up as a very pretty highlighter. It imparts a pearly finish without accentuating my pores. The golden highlighter adds warmth to the shade and makes it a perfect blusher for wedding parties. This blusher cum highlighter stays on my cheeks for 8 hours +. I never keep my makeup more than 8 hours on my face, so I am not sure but its staying power could be more than that. Its staying power is high due to its texture, you can feel its mousse like consistency upon touch. Its lightweight almost feather like and blends like a dream on skin.



If you are looking for a highly pigmented blusher you would be disappointed, but as a blusher cum highlighter it scores really high there. It gives a naturally warm luminous glow to your skin. I apply it most of the times on the apple of my cheeks. I wear it during day time too.  (No option :p) Considering the amount required for each application, this blush is going to last me for a long time.




Pros of the Product:
-It’s a pretty earthy pink blusher with pretty golden highlighter distributed all over it in patches.
-Comes in sophisticated blue box with the chambor sign embossed in it.
-Its texture is very soft and smooth, its something in between both powder and cream blush.
-Never broke me out.
-Imparts a warm luminous glow to my cheeks.
-Staying power is 8 hours +
-It’s a unique blush cum highlighter.
-Quantity is 6 Grams which is pretty good too.
-You require a soft swipe with the brush for each cheek.
-Its going to last me for a long time.
-There are three more shades in this range.
-Though it has pearly finish, still it never accentuates my pores like other blushes.
-You can very much wear it in day time.
-You would never go overboard with this blush.
-Its blends like a dream.
-It has no OTT Sparkles in it.
-Suitable for wedding Parties where staying power  of makeup matters a lot.
-Its travel friendly.
-Its non comedogenic.
-It contains no animal ingredients.
-The blusher with the golden highlighter will give a nice sun kissed glow, so grab one for yourself this summer.  :)

Cons of The Product:
-The blusher wont show up on darker skin tones.
-It may sound pricy for many people.
-The blusher brush is pretty useless.
-Imparts pearly finish which may not cater to everyone’s preference.
-Available online at few shopping sites and chambor outlets only.
-No blush in this range comes with matte finish.
-All shades are not available online or even at the outlet.
-Contains parabens.

Rating:
Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
Texture: 5 out of 5
Staying Power: 5 out of 5
Pigmentation: 3.75 out of 5
Availability: 3.5 out of 5
Price: 4 out of 5
Overall Rating: 4.25 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? Yes of course, I am going to try other shades ‘Soft Rose’ and ‘Ambering Rose’ for sure.

My Overall Recommendation: It’s a pretty blusher cum highlighter which imparts luminous healthy glow to cheeks with a very subtle natural color. I would highly recommend this blusher for wedding parties and other special occasions.


 Kindly ignore the mess around my room!  :p