Tuesday 6 March 2012

Omved All Skin Types Ubtan

Hello Friends!
Today I am going to review 'Omved All Skin Types Ubtan' which I recently purchased during my Organic Haul :) from Natural Mantra 

Description:
Omved All Skin Types Ubtan is made with nourishing grains and skin-regenerating herbs for exfoliation without over-abrasion. No parabens, sulfates, silicones, petrochemicals, glycols, phthalates, synthetic colors or perfumes. Proprietary ayurvedic medicine.

  
Ingredients:
Every 25gms of powder contains -
Green lentil (moong) 24%
Black lentil (udad) 24%
Red sandalwood (pterocarpus santalinus) 24%
White sandalwood (santalum alba) 24%
Turmeric root (curcuma longa) 4%


Price:Rs 120 for 50 Grams

My Take On This Product:
I am a big fan of home made ubtans since my childhood as they impart flawless glowing skin with time and are devoid of any kind of harmful preservatives.Just storing them is difficult and must be prepared  freshly for each time use.Its almost impossible to prepare ubtan and apply when you are staying away from home.Several of my friends still use homemade face packs in dry form prepared my their momma.So lucky girls they are :p  

Anyways I recently came across this Ubtan and Omved is really a quite well known brand which makes Natural Cosmetics, so I ordered this Ubtan without thinking much.( I love hoarding Face Masks :p )The most wonderful fact about this product is that entirely 100% of the Ubtan is made up of natural ingredients and does not contain any kind of preservatives, fragrance or additives.It is made up of Green and Black Lentils, Red and White Sandalwood and turmeric.


This pack comes in a pouch like packaging which I do not like at all as we do not have refrigerator here and storing it is a pain.Once its open there are chances of contamination.Anyways I have poured the content in a small container and use it with a spatula.The ubtan is very fine and when mixed with water or rose water gives a paste of fine consistency.This ubtan initially smells of Red Sandalwood and after some time you get strong fragrance of Lentils.Within 5-7 minutes this pack tightens, if you you have ever used lentil pack you would know the feeling definitely. This ubtan gently cleanses and mildly exfoliates my skin.Though my skin feels tightened after the ubtan dries up, this actually gently washes off leaving very smooth radiant and clear skin.I suffer from uneven skin tone, my forehead is darker in comparison to rest of my face, so after using it for 2-3 times, I could see remarkable de-tanning of my fore head region resulting in even skin tone.


This ubtan removes dead cells effectively, suppresses pimples  and prevents occurrence of new ones too. After cleansing with it for some 4-5 times, my skin texture is improving now.However, I need a moisturizer after cleansing with it.I wont say it dries up my skin but it does not hydrate either. So I use a moisturizer after using it for sure.This ubtan would be very useful for oily, combination and Normal skin too.I have normal to dry skin so I add a bit of honey sometimes to this ubtan and apply.I am using it 2 times a week and seriously very happy with results.


Pros Of The Product:
-Devoid of Parabens, Phthalates, Artificial Fragrance, sulfates, Glycols or Petrochemicals. Synthetic colors.
-It comprises of 100% natural ingredients.
-Its a ready to use ubtan and quickly dries up, so can be used before any outing.
-Gently cleanses and exfoliates skin leaving smooth, radiant skin.
-This ubtan suppresses existing pimples and prevents occurrence of new ones.
-It helps in lightening of blemishes, especially post acne marks with regular usage.
-It helped my in de-tanning my fore head region too.
-Imparts even skin tone.
-Regular usage improves skin texture remarkably.
-Its a fine ubtan that gives right consistency when diluted.
-Helpful in removal of facial hair too.
-Its more of a skin treatment product, so can be used 2-3 times a week to improve skin health.
-One can skip using a scrub too, as this serves the purpose of scrub too.
-Though it tightens your skin within few minutes but its not over abrasive.
-Red Sandalwood is widely known for its skin regenerating properties.
-Though it contains turmeric but it does not leave any pronounced yellow cast on my skin.
-Price is pretty reasonable for the quantity and quality of the product.

Cons Of The Product:
-I would have liked it more, if it comes in a tub like packaging with a small spatula, the pouch like packaging increases the risk of contamination.
-Availability is a big issue.Available at few online shopping sites.
- It dries up within 5-7 minutes and has tightening effect.
-Imparts slightly yellow cast. (Does not stay for a long time though)
-It does not hydrate my skin so moisturizer is must after using it.

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Will I repurchase it?
Yes after it gets finishes, I will repurchase it for sure.

My overall Recommendation: I will definitely recommend you this product. Dry skin beauties can however make a paste using yogurt or honey.