Thursday 19 April 2012

Maybelline Color Sensational High Shine Lipstick in Coral Lustre

Hello Friends!
I got Maybelline Color sensational High Shine Lipstick in shade 'Coral Lustre' few days back from Stylecraze.com.So today I am going to review it for helping you out to take a proper decision.

What The Company Says?
>Mirror like color from micro-mirror pigments 
>Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar 
>10 lush lip shades(only 4 are available in India)
• Lacquered Brown.
• Coral Lustre.
• Plum Shine.
• Fruit Punch.

Price: Rs 399 for 3.5 grams.






My Take On This Product:
This summers, I really feel like trying all coral and orange lipsticks.These shades are so summery and brightens my complexion a lot.I have started loving these bold shades a lot these days.Ever since Maybelline has launched their new collection, I really felt like buying their mousse foundation and High shine lipstick.There are some 4 shades, out of that Coral Luster looked really nice.I checked so many famous blogs and found the swatches and the shade to be very funky, bright and almost my kind.Well sorry to say but that is where I was duped.When I found these at an online shopping site, I ordered the shade 'Coral Luster' immediately.I was so excited to receive my package,  but I was crestfallen to see its tip as it had melted.



Anyways now coming to review, Maybelline High Shine lipsticks come in steel grey semi transparent packaging.It contains only 3.5 grams of the product.The shade' Coral Luster' looks absolutely adorable, shiny and juicy in the tube.Its a light coral shade with pronounced pink undertone with fine silver shimmers, which Maybelline claims to impart a Mirror like effect.I was bit disappointed with this shade as its not a pure coral shade which I had desired.This lipstick has very sheer finish, I need some 4-5 swipes to show the color on my lips.My upper lip is pigmented so to cover it up, I need 5 swipes.I have been using it a lot this week and I was astonished to see how small the lipstick has become now, I mean I am really going to finish it up very very soon.




The shade Coral Lustre contains fine silver shimmers which are not gritty but when I apply 4-5 swipes I feel the grittiness of the shimmers and fine lines of my lips get pronounced.Its texture is buttery soft, and it feels moisturizing too but for few hours.It stays hardly 2 hours on my lips excluding meals.After two hours, it leaves a pretty tint behind but with loads of shimmers.The silver shimmers stick to the lips and its very hard to remove those.I need to use a Makeup remover 2 times to removes those shimmers.This is neither a lipstick, nor a gloss and of course not a lip balm.It does not satisfy any of the criteria fully.


You must have heard a saying 'Jack of all traits master of none'.  :p Thats what implies to this very lipstick actually.This lipstick will suite fair to medium skin tones, will wash out people with darker skin tones.I am not at all happy with this lipstick as the quantity is very less and price is on the higher side.

Pros of The product:
-Its a pretty lightened coral shade with pink undertones.
-Will suit fair to medium skin tones easily.
-Very wearable shade.
-Its texture is buttery soft, so glides on lips nicely.
-Available in three more shades in India.
-Its a moisturizing lipstick so one can skip a lip balm.
-Its finish is very sheer, so many people will like it for that.
-Its summery bright shade, which instantly brightens my overall look.
-This lipstick gives a very lightweight feeling, which I love.

Cons Of The product:
-On my lips, it takes some 4-5 swipes to show some color.
-It hardly stays on my lips for 2 hours.
-This lipstick accentuates my fine lines when I swipe it multiple times.
-The shimmer feels gritty with multiple swipes.
-Lipstick fades very soon leaving silver shimmer on lips, Its difficult to remove those shimmers even with a makeup remover.
-Coral Lustre is not a true coral shade.
-Its poorly pigmented.
-My lips get dry after the shade fades away after 2 hours.Thus does not keep my lips moisturized for a long time.
-There are some 10 shades shown in the site but only 4 are available in India.
-They neither serve the purpose of a lipstick nor of a lipgloss.
-Its very pricy for such a dud.Other range of Lipsticks from Maybelline are very good and reasonable.
-Melts very soon.
-Its gets finished fast too. If one uses this everyday, it will hardly last for 20 days.

Rating:
Shade: 3 out of 5
Texture:4.25 out of 5
Staying Power: 2.5 out of 5
Pigmentation: 2 out of 5
Availability- 3.75 out of 5
Price vs Quality: 3.25 out of 5
Overall Rating: 3.25 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? No way guys, its pricy and not at all worth the price.

My Overall Recommendation: The Shade Coral Lustre is a very sheer Light coral shade with pink undertones.It will suit fair and medium skin tone people a lot.This is not a shade for those with pigmented lips.Its contains fine silver shimmer which does not show much but after the shade fades away after 2 hours, one can clearly see the silver shimmers.Its very difficult top remove the shimmers.It gets finished very soon and melts fast too.
Single Swipe:
After 4-5 Swipes:

 I hope you can clearly see how this lipstick has accentuated my fine lines.  :(


p.s Sweeties stay tuned for my First International Giveaway Announcement. :)