Sunday 8 February 2015

Mac Sheertone Powder blush 'Peaches' Review

Hi Sweeties!
Today I would like to review one of the well known cult favorite blusher from the brand Mac cosmetics.I have had love and hate relationship with their products.So lets see if this product fairs well on my NC 42 skin tone.

What the company says?

Colour for the cheeks and face. Various formulas. Different looks.

Price- 22 $

Peaches- Pure Peach

My Take on This Product:
Packaging: Mac Powder blush comes in plastic pan packaging with a see through cover which I prefer for easy identification of the shade. ‘Mac’ logo is engraved on the top of the see through cover and shade name along with finish is mentioned at the bottom of the pan. Overall packaging is nun fussy and classy. One can go through the complete list of ingredients mentioned in the outer carton.

Shade: ‘Peaches’ is a pretty true Peach shade. On my medium skin tone (NC 42) this blush gives a hint of peach. This shade is summery and fresh. People with lighter skin tone will love using it. It would not show up on people with deeper skin tone. Suitable upto NC 37.

Pigmentation: True to its name it is a sheer blush and needs many layers to show up on my skin tone. I do not prefer insanely pigmented blushers but I also do not like sheer blushers. This would be a fantastic pick for lighter skin tone. Though it is buildable I feel it does not give me desired result.

Texture & Finish: Sheertone blushers come with soft matte finish. These are sans any shimmers. Sheertone blushers blend easily on my skin. They do not accentuate the pores.

Longevity: It stays on my skin for some 4 hours + with a primer. I experienced better staying power with powder blushers from Mac.

Overall Rating: 3.75 out of 5

Will I repurchase it? No I am not a fan of sheertone blushers from Mac. I feel these are moderately pigmented and show up better on lighter skin tone. On my NC 42 skin tone, they hardly show up.

My Overall Recommendation: I would recommend this shade to people with lighter skin (preferably below NC 42-Mac studio fix range). It is a moderately pigmented blush with true peach shade.